NOTICE FOR RESEARCHERS, Special Issue (deadline August 1, 2021):
Current substantive interests are in the areas of prostate cancer quality of life patient reported outcomes, psychosocial determinants of health, population health, mental health, substance use, concussions and traumatic brain injury, injury prevention, auditory communication and health, and health policy. Particularly interests include the intersection of chronic illness and various patient-reported disease-specific and health related quality of life outcomes, with a special emphasis on the adolescent, adult and aging populations.
Psychosocial factors of interest include, but are not limited to: diseases specific and general health quality of life, mental health, cognition and decision making, creativity, affective communication, stress, dyadic congruence, substance use, suicide, conduct behaviors, bullying, gambling, addiction and gender differences. Past research examined the perceptual, cognitive, and psychosocial processes underlying music and speech communication of affect and their health implications (e.g., neuropsychological markers of traumatic brain injury, the development of psychiatric conditions, well being, and stress). Research methods include patient reported outcomes surveys, interviews, clinical trials, cognitive and perceptual tests, salivary cortisol, heart rate, galvanic skin response, and MRI.
Selected Publications (*Corresponding author)
For Dr. Ilie’s research Profile on CHE at Dalhousie University Click here
For Dr. Ilie’s Google Profile Click here
- Massoeurs, L., Ilie, G*, Lawen, T., MacDonald C., Bradley, C., Vo, J.D.C-T.
Psychosocial and Functional Predictors of Mental Disorder among Prostate Cancer Survivors: Informing Survivorship Care Programs with Evidence-Based Knowledge. Current Oncology, 2021 (in print).
- Bradley C., Ilie, G*, MacDonald, C., Massoeurs, L., Vo, J.D.C-T., Rutledge DHR. Treatment Regret, Mental and Physical Health Indicators of Psychosocial Well-Being among Prostate Cancer Survivors, Current Oncology, 2021 (in print)
- Ilie G*, Rutledge R, Sweeney E: An Examination of the Role of Socioeconomic Status in the Relationship between Depression and Prostate Cancer Survivorship in a Population-Based Sample of Men from Atlantic Canada. Oncology 2021 99(4):260-270. doi: 10.1159/000512444
- André J. McDonald, Steven Cook, Nigel E. Turner, Anca R. Ialomiteanu, Robert E. Mann, Susan J. Bondy, Michael Roerecke, John McCready, Dov Millstone, Hayley A. Hamilton, Tara Elton-Marshall, Jürgen Rehm, Paul Kurdyak, Gabriela Ilie, Evelyn R. Vingilis, Christine M. Wickens, Mark van der Maas, Michael D. Cusimano. Adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms and psychological distress, hazardous drinking, and problem gambling: A population-based study. Psychiatry Research 2021 301:113985. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2021.113985
- Gillis C, Ilie G*, Mason R, Bailly G, Lawen J, Bowes D, Patil N, Wilke D, Rutledge RDH, Bell D, Rendon R. Personality Traits and Urinary Symptoms Are Associated with Mental Health Distress in Patients with a Diagnosis of Prostate Cancer. Current Oncology. 2021 28(4):2993-3002. https://doi.org/10.3390/curroncol28040262
- Ilie G*, Rutledge R, Sweeney E. Post-Treatment Adverse Health Correlates among Prostate Cancer Survivors in a Sample of Men Residing in Atlantic Canada. Current Oncology. 2021; 28(4):2812-2822. https://doi.org/10.3390/curroncol28040246.
- Moodie L, Ilie G*, Rutledge R, Andreou P, Kirkland S. (2020). Assessment of Current Mental Health Status in a Population-Based Sample of Canadian Men With and Without a History of Prostate Cancer Diagnosis: An Analysis of the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging (CLSA) Frontiers in Psychiatry, 11:1383 DOI=10.3389/fpsyt.2020.586260
- Ilie G*, White J, Mason R, Rendon R, Bailly G, Lawen J, Bowes D, Patil N, Wilke D, MacDonald C, Rutledge R, Bell D. (2020). Current Mental Distress Among Men With a History of Radical Prostatectomy and Related Adverse Correlates. American Journal of Men’s Health, 14(5), 1557988320957535. https://doi.org/10.1177/1557988320957535
- Turner NE, Cook S4, Shil J, Elton-Marshall T, Hamilton H, Ilie G, Wickens CM, McDonaldID AJ, Trajtenberg N, Cusimano MD, Mann R. (2020) Traumatic brain injuries and problem gambling in youth: Evidence from a population-based study of secondary students in Ontario, Canada. Plos One (in print) https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0239661
Singh S, McDonald TJ, Ilie G*, Adisesh A. (2020). An examination of the association between lifetime history of prostate and pancreatic cancer diagnosis and occupation in a population sample of Canadians. PLOS One, 12(1), 10-19. doi:https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0227622
- Ilie G*, Rutledge RDH, Sweeney E. (2020). Anxiety and depression symptoms in adult males in Atlantic Canada with or without a lifetime history of prostate cancer. Psycho-Oncology, 125(2), 16. doi:https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.5244
Ilie G*, MacDonald M, Bell D, Rendon R, Langille G, Bailly G, Mason R, Bowes D, Wilke D, Patil N, Lawen J, Grantmyre J, Thompson R, MacDonald C, O’Malley P, Pan L, Bagnell S, Campbell H, Acker M, Massaro P, Padmore D, Rutledge R.(2020). An examination of the relationship between mental distress and functional and psychosocial quality of life indicators in a sample of
prostate cancer survivors who received curative treatment. Urology Practice, 23(2), 10-15. doi:https://doi.org/10.1097/UPJ.0000000000000104
Ilie G*, Tremhold M, Boak A, Mann RE, Adlaf EM, Asbridge M, Hamiltonn H, Rehm J, Rutledge R, Cusimano M. (2020). Adolescent traumatic brain injuries: Onset, mechanism and links with current academic performance and physical injuries. PLOS One, 15(3), e0229489.
- Ilie G*, Bailly G, Mason R, Bell D, Rendon R, Keats M, Grandy S, Lawen J. (2019). Pre-Radiotherapy Prostate Cancer Patient Empowerment Program (PC-PEP) – Results of a Feasibility Study. Radiotherapy and Oncology, 139(1), S29. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8140(19)33351-1
- Dahn H, Thomson C, Bowes D, Ilie G, Rutledge R. (2019). Resilience by Design”-Description of a Pilot Radiation Oncology Wellness Program. Radiotherapy and Oncology, 139(S47), 12-17. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8140(19)33156-1
- Ilie G*, Bradfield J, Moodie L, Lawen T, Ilie A, Lawen Z, Blackman C, Gainer R, Rutledge RDH. The role of response-shift in studies assessing quality of life outcomes among cancer patients: a systematic review. Front. Oncol, 2019; 9:783. doi: 10.3389/fonc.2019.00783
- Ilie G*, Mason R, Bell D, Bailly G, Rendon RA, Mann R, Lawen JG, Bowes D, Wilke D, Patil N, Rutledge RDH. Development and Initial Evaluation of a Multifaceted Intervention to Improve Mental Health and Quality of Life Among Prostate Cancer Survivors. International
International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction, 26, 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11469-019-00108-y.
- Ilie G*, Bell D, Ago T, Langille G, Bowes D, O’Malley P, Wilke D, Rendon R, Nikhilesh P, Bailly G, Caissie A, Thompson R, Pan L, Panjwani D, Acker M, Whelan T, Lawen J, Grantmyre J, Campbell H, Bangnell S, Manpreet T, Ashfield JE, Rutledge R. Mental health and urinary outcomes in prostate cancer survivors from the Maritimes. Can Urol Assoc J 2019; 13 (6Supl5): S110
- Ilie G*, Rutledge R, Bailly G, Bell D, Mason R, Rendon R, KeatsM, Grandy S, Lawen J. Prostate Cancer Patient Empowerment Program (PC-PEP) addresses multidimensional needs of men undergoing radical prostatectomy. . Can Urol Assoc J 2019; 13 (6Supl5): S100
Ilie G*, Wickens CM, Ialomiteanu A, Edward M Adlaf, Mark Asbridge, Hayley Hamilton, Robert E Mann, Jürgen Rehm, Robert Rutledge, Michael D Cusimano. (2019). Traumatic brain injury and hazardous/harmful drinking: concurrent and single associations with poor mental health and roadway aggression. Psychiatry Research, 272, 458-466.
Nussbaum D, MacEacheron M, Douglass M, Watson M, Daoud S, Ilie G, DeKeseredy WD. (2019). Modeling of forensic population current crime severity, based on past crime severity. American Journal of Forensic Psychology, 37(1), 5-40.
Ilie G*. (2019). Adolescent TBI and Addictive Behaviour: A silent epidemic in dire need of immediate prevention efforts. Journal of Neurotrauma, 36(13), A155.
- Turner NE, McDonald AJ, Ialomiteanu AR, Mann RE, McCready J, Millstone D, Hamilton H, Elton-Marshall T, Rehm J, Kurdyak P, Ilie G, Wickens CM, Le TL, van der Maas M, Faregh N, Cook S, bondy S, Sanchez S, Cusimano MD. Moderate to severe gambling problems and traumatic brian injury: A population-based study. Psychiatry Research, 2019; 272: 692-97. doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2018.12.170
- Ilie G*, Wickensb CM, Ialomiteanu A, Adlaf EM, Asbridge M, Hamilton H, Mann RE, Rehm J, Rutledge R, Cusimano MD. Traumatic brain injury and hazardous/harmful drinking: Concurrent and single associations with poor mental health and roadway aggression. Psychiatry Research, 2019; 272: 458-66.
- Moran K, Sinclair L. Freire S, Bowes, D., Best L, Cherpack A, Darling M, Day T, Trask J, Ilie G*. Describing a process for creating a patient visible quality educational display to increase patient engagement in Radiation Oncology throughout the Canadian Maritimes Provinces, Journal of Cancer Education, 2018 (accepted July 11, 2018)
- Ilie G*, Bell D, Ago T, Langille G, Bowes D, O’Malley P, Wilke D, Rendon R, Nikhilesh P, Bailly G, Caissie A, Thompson R, Pan L, Panjwani D, Acker M, Whelan T, Lawen J, Grantmyre J, Campbell H, Bangnell S, Manpreet T, Ashfield JE, Rutledge R. Mental health outcomes in adult men with a history of prostate cancer diagnosis. Can Urol Assoc J 2018; 12 (6Supl2): S51-S136.
- Karkada M, Costa AF, Imran SA, Hart R, Bullock M, Ilie G, Rajaraman M. Incomplete thyroid ultrasound reports in patients with thyroid nodules: implications regarding risk assessment and management. American Journal of Roentgenology, 2018 (accepted May 29, 2018)
- Ilie G.*, Adlaf EM, Mann RE, Ialomiteanu A, Hamilton H, Rehm J, Asbridge M, Cusimano, M.D. Associations between self-reported lifetime history of traumatic brain injuries and current disability assessment in a population sample of Canadian adults, 2018. Plos One Journal. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0188908
- Wickens CM, Flam-Zalcman R, Stoduto G, Docherty C, Watson TM, van der Maas, M., Brands B, Ilie G., Justin Matheson, Robert E Mann, Rita K Thomas. The Impact of Remedial Programme Participation on Convicted Drinking Drivers’ Alcohol and Other Drug Use 6 Months Following Programme Completion. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction, 2018. 16: 598. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11469-017-9799-y
- Wickens, C.M., Flam-Zalcman R., Mann R.E., Stoduto G, Nochajski T, Koski-Jännes A, Herie M, Watkin-Merek L, Rush B, Thomas RK, LaFontaine S, Watson TW, Matheson J, Ilie G, Mehra K, Le TL and Rehm Evaluating moderators of beneficial effects of severity-based assignment to substance use treatments in impaired drivers. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 2018 (in print)
- Nussbaum D, MacEacheron M, Douglass MD, Watson M, Daoud SLSB, Ilie G, DeKeseredy W. Towards an empirical method to predict severity of violent recidivism. Criminal Justice and Behaviour, 2018 (in print).
- Ilie, G.*, Wickens, C.M., Vingilis, E.R., Mann, R.E., Hailton, H., Toplak, M., Adlaf, E.M., Kolla, N., Ialomiteanu A. van der Mass, M., Asbridge, M., Rehm, J., Cusimano, M.D. Associations between a history of traumatic brain injuries and conduct disorder during youth in a population sample of Canadian adults. Psychiatry Research, 2017: 258, 184-188.
- Wickens CM, Flam-Zalcmann RF, Mann RE, Stout G, Nochajski T, Koski-Jannes A., Herie M, Watkin-Merek L, Rush B., Thomas RK, Watson TM, Matheson J, Ilie G., Brands B, Rehm J. Evaluating Moderators of beneficial Effects Severity-Based Assignment to Substance Abuse Treatments in Impaired Drivers. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsat.2018.07.003
- Wickens, C.M., Flam-Zalcman, R., Stoduto, G., Docherty, C., Marie Watson, T., van der Maas, M., Brands, B., Ilie, G., Matheson, J., Mann, R.E., & Thomas, R.K. The Impact of Remedial Programme Participation on Convicted Drinking Drivers’ Alcohol and Other Drug Use 6 Months Following Programme Completion. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction (2017), p.1-19. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11469-017-9799-y
- Ilie G*, Wickens CM, Mann RE, Ialomiteanu A, Adlaf EA, Hamilton H, Asbridge M, Rehm J, Cusimano MD. Roadway aggression among drivers and passengers with or without a history of traumatic brain injury. Violence and Victims, Aug 15 2017. doi: 10.1891/0886-6708.VV-D-16-00027. [Epub ahead of print].
- Ilie G*, Mann R., Boak A, Adlaf E, Halimton HA, Rehm J, Cusimano MD. Possession of weapon and school violence among adolescents and their association with history of traumatic brain injury, substance use and mental health issues. Injury, 2017, 48(2); 285-292.
- Cusimano MD, Topolovec-Vranic J, Zhang S, Mullen SJ, Wong M, Ilie G*. Factors Influencing the Underreporting of Concussion in Sports: A Qualitative Study of Minor Hockey Participants. Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine 2017, 27(4): 375-380.
- Ilie G*, Cusimano MD, Li W. Prosodic Processing post traumatic brain injury – A systematic review. Systematic reviews 2017; 6: 1. doi: 1186/s13643-016-0385-3
- Ilie G*, Mann R., Boak A, Adlaf E, Asbridge M, Rehm J, Cusimano MD. Cross-sectional examination of the association of co-occurring alcohol misuse and traumatic brain injury on mental health and conduct problems in adolescents in Ontario, Canada. British Medical Journal Open – Neurology 2016;6:doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2016-011824.
- Ilie G*, Mann, R. Ialomiteanu A, Adlaf E, Hamilton H, Wickens C, Asbridge M, Rehm J, Cusiamano MD. (2016) Road rage and traffic accidents among adults with a history of traumatic brain injuries. Brain Injury, 30(5-6):753.
- Cusimano M, Pshonyak I, Yongjun-Lee M, Ilie, G*. A systematic review of 30-day readmission after cranial neurosurgery. Journal of Neurosurgery. 2016 21:1-11. DOI: 10.3171/2016.7.JNS152226
- Ilie G*, Mann R, Ialomiteanu A, Adlaf E, Hamilton H, Wickens C, Asbridge M, Rehm J, Cusimano MD. Road rage and traffic accidents among adults with a history of traumatic brain injuries. Brain Injury, 2016 30(5-6); 753.
- Cusimano MD, Topolovec-Vranic J, Zhang S, Mullen SJ, Wong M, Ilie G*. Factors Influencing the Underreporting of Concussion in Sports: A Qualitative Study of Minor Hockey Participants. Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine 2016. (Published ahead of print). doi: 10.1097/JSM.0000000000000372
- Ilie G*, Mann R, Adlaf E, Boak A, Cusimano MD. Classification of traumatic brain injury and problem drinking and its association with mental health, behavioural conduct problems and victimization in a provincial sample of Canadian adolescents. Brain Injury, 2016 30(5-6):756.
- Ilie G*, Mann R, Cusimano M, Boak A, Rehm J, Asbridge M. Energy drinks, alcohol, sports and traumatic brain injuries among adolescents-Opportunity for prevention. Brain Injury, 2016 30 (5-6): 756-757.
- Cusimano MD, Ilie G, Mulleh SJ, Pauley CR, Stulberg JR, Topolovec-Vranic J., Zang S. (2016) Aggression, Violence and Injury in Minor League Ice Hockey: Avenues for Prevention of Injury. PLoS ONE 11(6):e0156683. http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0156683
- Ilie G*, Boak A, Adlaf EM, Mann RE, Hamilton H, Asbridge M, Jürgen R, Cusimano DM. Energy Drinks, Alcohol, Sports and Traumatic Brain Injuries among Adolescents. PLOS One – Open Access 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0135860.
- Ilie G*, Mann RE, Adlaf EM, Hamilton H, Asbridge M, Jürgen R, Cusiman DM. The association between traumatic brain injury and ADHD in a Canadian adult sample. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 2015 69, 174-179.
- Ilie G*, Mann R, Ialomiteanu A, Adlaf E, Hamilton H, Wickens C, Asbridge M, Rehm J, Cusimano MD. Traumatic brain injury, driver aggression and motor vehicle collisions in Canadian adults. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 2015 81: 1-7.
- Cusimano M, Pshonyak I, Yongjun-Lee M, Ilie, G*. Causes of 30-day readmission after neurosurgery of the spine. Journal of Neurosurgery, 2015 9:1-10. DOI:10.3171/2015.4.SPINE15445
- Branka A, Mann R, Tuck A, Ialomiteanu A, Bondy S, Simich L, Ilie G*. Alcohol use among immigrants in Ontario, Canada. Drug and Alcohol Review, Article first published online: 18 March 2015. DOI: 10.1111/dar.12250
- Wickens C, Vingilis E, Mann RE, Erickson P, Toplak M, Kolla N, Seeley J, Ialomiteanu A, Stoduto G, Ilie G*. The impact of childhood symptoms of conduct disorder on driver aggression in adulthood Accident Analysis and Prevention 2015 3, 78C:87-93. DOI: 10.1016/j.11p.2015.02.013
- Ilie G*, Ialomiteanu A, Adlaf EM, Mann RE, Hamilton H, Asbridge M, Jürgen R, Cusimano MD. Associations between a history of traumatic brain injuries and current cigarette smoking, cannabis use, nonmedical opioid use, and elevated psychological distress in a population sample of Canadian adults. Journal of Neurotrauma, 2015 32(14); 1130-4 DOI:10.1089/neu.2014.3619.
- Ilie G*, Adlaf EM, Mann RE, Boak A, Hamilton H, et al. The Moderating Effects of Sex and Age on the Association between Traumatic Brain Injury and Harmful Psychological Correlates among Adolescents. PLoS ONE 9(9) 2014 e108167. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0108167.
- Ilie G*, Boak A, Adlaf EM, Mann RE, Hamilton H, Asbridge M, Jürgen R, Cusimano, D.M. Substance use and related harms among adolescents with and without traumatic brain injury. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation 2014 30(5):293-301.DOI:10.1097/HTR.0000000000000101.
- Cook, S., Turner, N.E., Ballon, B., Paglia-Boak, A., Murray, R., Aldaf, E.M., Ilie, G., den Dunnen, W. & Mann, R.E. (2014). Problem gambling among Ontario students: associations with substance abuse, mental health problems, suicide attempts, and delinquent behaviours, Journal of Gambling Studies, 07/2014; DOI:10.1007/s10899-014-9483-0
- Ilie G*, Boak A, Adlaf EM, Mann RE, Hamilton H, Asbridge M, Jürgen R, Cusimano DM. Suicidality, bullying and other conduct and mental health correlates of traumatic brain injury in adolescents. PLoS One, 2014 9(4); e94936.
- Ilie G*, Boak A, Adlaf EM, Asbridge M, Cusimano MD. Prevalence and Correlates of Traumatic Brain Injury Among Adolescents. Journal of American Medical Association, 2013 309(24): 1-2.
- Stoduto G, Mann RE, Flam-Zalcman, RE, Sharpley J, Brands B, Butters J, Smart RG, Wickens K., Ilie G, Thomas RK. Impact of Ontario’s remedial program for convicted drinking drivers on substance use and problems. Canadian Journal of Criminology and Criminal Justice, 2013 201-217. DOI:10.3138/CJCCJ.2013.ES04
- Hamilton H, Boak A, Ilie G, Mann RE. Energy drink consumption and associations with demographic characteristics, drug use and injury among adolescents. Canadian Journal of Public Health. 2013 104(7): e496-501.
- Cusimano MD, Sharma B, Lawrence D, Ilie G, Silverberg S, Jones R. Trends in North- American newspaper reporting of brain injury in ice hockey.PLoS One, 2013 17; 8(4), e61865.
- Ilie G*, Rehana, R. Effects of individual music playing and music listening on acute stress recovery. Canadian Journal for Music Therapy, 2013 19(1); 23-46.
- Ilie G*, Cusimano M, Boak A, Mann R, Adlaf E, Asbridge M, Rehm J. Incidence and mechanisms of traumatic brain injury and the relationship with psychological health among Ontario adolescents. Journal of Neurological Sciences, 2013 333 e579-e628.doi:10.1016/j.jns.2013.07.2143
- Ilie G*, Thompson WF. Experiential and cognitive changes following seven minutes exposure to music and speech. Music Perception, 2011 28 (3), 247-264.
- Ilie G*, Thompson WF. A comparison of acoustic cues in music and speech for three dimensions of affect. Music Perception 2006 23(4), 319-329.
- Thompson WF, Schellenberg EG, Ilie G*. Decoding speech prosody: Do music lessons help? Emotion, 2004 4, 46-64.
- Thompson WF, Schellenberg EG, Ilie G*. Perceiving prosody in speech – Effects of Music Lessons. New York Academy of Sciences, 2003 999, 530- 532.
- Ilie G*, Thompson WF, Schellenberg GE. Effects of Musical Tempo and Mode on Arousal, Mood and Spatial Abilities – Re-Examination of the Mozart Effect, Music Perception, 2002 20(2), 151-172.
- Thompson WF, Schellenberg EG, Ilie G*. Arousal, mood and the Mozart effect. Psychological Science, 2001 12 (3), 248-251.
- Selected Conference Presentations
- Ilie G, Nussbaum D. The ratio behavioural scaling meets contemporary neuroimaging. 2016 Canadian Psychological Association Annual Convention June 9th, 2016, Victoria, BC.
- Ilie G. Improving the quality of life of patients with prostate cancer through outcome-influenced care. A Maritimes Project. Urology Rounds. QEII Hospital, Haifax, NS, April 12, 2016.
- Ilie G. Prevalence and Correlates of a Lifetime History of TBI in the Adult, General Population. World Congress on Brain Injury, The Hague, March 2-5, 2016. Invited Symposium.
- Ilie G. Classification of Traumatic Brain Injury and Problem Drinking and its Association with Mental Health, Behavioral conduct Problems and Victimization in a Provincial Sample of Canadian Adolescents. World Congress on Brain Injury, The Hague, March 2-5, 2016. Podium Presentation.
- Ilie G. Mental health and substance use correlates in a population sample of Canadian adults with and without a history of traumatic brain injuries. Inaugural Reward Deficiency Syndrome Summit. Reward Deficiency Syndrome (RDS) in the 21st Century: Epigenetics, Neurogenetics, Neuroimaging Tools for Therapy and Recovery Conference. San Francisco, 16-18 November 2015.
- Ilie G. Inaugural talk on Traumatic brain injuries – Hope through Research. Reducing, risks improving outcomes. Heads up Durham – Ontario community based injury prevention association. Oshawa, September 17, 2015.
- Ilie G. Encouraging Dialogue 2015: The Child’s Brain and the Impact of Concussion, Kingsway College School, Invited talk, Toronto, April 14, 2015.
- Ilie G. Mann RE, Boak A, Adlaf E, Hamilton H, Cusimano, MD. Concurrent psychiatric related issues in Canadian adults with brain injuries. World Congress of Psychiatry, Madrid, September 14-18, 2014.
- Selected awards and honours
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Canadian Institute of Health Research Post-Doctoral Fellowship, St. Michael’s Hospital, Division of Neurosurgery
- Nominated TVO Best Lecturer University of Toronto – 2009, 2010
- NSERC IRDF Doctoral Fellowship
- National Science and Engineering Research Council Canada Graduate Scholarship
- National Science and Engineering Research Council Postgraduate Scholarship
- Member, Dean’s Honour Roll, York University